EOD Warrior Foundation 2021-2022 Scholarship Application
The application period will open on November 9, 2020 . The deadline for submissions of application materials is February 26, 2020 (11:59 pm EST). Late materials and incomplete application packages will not be considered for an award. For an application to be deemed complete, each applicant must click “Submit” prior to February 26th. No extensions or exceptions will be made.
– Applicants must be the child, stepchild, spouse, or grandchild, or other DoD recognized dependent of a graduate of NAVSCOLEOD.
– No applicant will be awarded more than 4 scholarships.
– Children or DOD recognized dependents must be 23 years or younger. There is no age limit for spouses.
– NAVSCOLEOD graduates are not eligible for scholarship awards. Active Duty service members are not eligible for scholarship awards, regardless of their relationship to NAVSCOLEOD graduates.
– Service Academy Cadets are not eligible to receive EODWF Scholarships as they are considered to be on active duty. Students may apply in case they are not accepted or decide not to attend a Service Academy.
– Applicants must be a high school senior or currently enrolled full-time in an accredited program at a college, university, or trade, technical or vocational school.
– Graduate and professional degree programs are not eligible.
Award Payments & Amounts
– Applicants selected to receive awards will be notified via email April 16, 2021.
– Scholarship awards are between $1,000-$4,000.
– One “Master Blaster” Award is given annually to an exceptional applicant. This award is a $5,000 scholarship and an invitation to be recognized at the annual EOD Ball.
-Priority is given to the dependents of Purple Heart recipients and Gold Star children and spouses.
– Awards are dispersed directly to the school for the Fall 2021/Spring 2022 academic year. If an applicant chooses to use their scholarship for room and board, a signed lease agreement must be provided to the EOD Warrior Foundation. All other uses of the scholarship funds are handled on a case by case basis and must be approved by the Foundation.
– Once scholarship recipients are notified, they must complete and return the Financial Aid Form no later than May 28, 2021. This form provides the necessary information to send the funds to the school and acts as a formal acceptance of the scholarship. Failure to return this form to the EOD Warrior Foundation by the deadline will result in loss of scholarship funds.
Scholarship Application Review Process
Each application will be reviewed by the EOD Warrior Foundation Scholarship Committee. The committee members are anonymous. The Executive Director is not a member of the committee and does not participate in the evaluation of the applications.
Grade Point Average
VOLUNTEERISM & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
All questions on the application require answers or the requested documentation. If the requested information or documentation is unknown or unavailable, an explanation is required. Any blank or unanswered questions, without the respective explanation will result in the application being classified as incomplete and be disqualified from consideration.